DSCALC has open enrollment to children of all faiths. We use the word “Christian” in our title as Bible stories and songs are an important part of our curriculum, as well as prayer before meals and snacks. We also observe holidays from a Christian point of view.
We believe that young children learn best through an individualized curriculum including a combination of free choice activities and structures small and large group times. DSCALC provides an environment filled with love, security, acceptance, guidance, and sensitivity to the child’s intellectual, emotional, physical, and social needs. Our program challenges and nurtures children equally with respect to gender, race and religion.
Our qualified staff and environment are vital components of our program through with we seek to:
- Enhance learning skills by exploring and investigating.
- Expand verbal skills by using words to explain feelings and ideas.
- Demonstrate cooperative social behavior by helping, respecting, and interacting positively with each other.
- Enhance physical development by encouraging movement and manipulation of objects in the classroom and on the playground.
- Enhance imagination through art projects, sensory activities and dramatic play.